Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Return to Bali



This is what it means to be in Bali. To stand and watch two black butterflies spin their flirting dance near the red bird of paradise and lush green leaves. They pivot united by an invisible cord, not losing sight, not losing center, within two feet of me, now one, now near my face and I see how the Balinese Legong dancers choreograph their butterfly dance, understand the inspiration.

Hundreds of cars and motor scooters race by us. Some look to see what I see. I am still. I have time. I am in no time, now time. Their black wings mesmerize. Why walk on when this is right before me?


(didn't take photo till after they flew off, so don't strain your eyes looking for them -- imagine their duet instead . . .)



1 comment:

  1. I can see the butterflies... just have to close my eyes. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Let us know your thoughts about water.