Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Full moon rising


This might be the best thing being curious and friendly has given me. In my search for a place to video the full moon rising, I end up at the brand new 5 star hotel across from my humble abode—there goes the neighborhood! Full moons are important for Balinese ceremonies, so I hope for some good images.

The hotel has a perfect view of the moonrise but by the time I get there it is late, so I am invited to return the next day at 6. It is also the first day their restaurant will be open and I have a long conversation with the Chef about cooking and combining ingredients and the joy of delicious tastes. 

Chef Ketut
Sunset from the hotel
Dusk from the other side


When I return the next night, not only do I get the sunset and moonrise for a time lapse video, but since I am the first customer at this new restaurant, I am honored with a complimentary sampler of Chef Ketut’s pick of appetizer, main course and dessert that are truly heavenly. Knowing my food enthusiast friends will enjoy it, here are photos of the mushroom ravioli, braised pork and vegetables, banana spring roll with chocolate ice cream and raspberry chocolate coulis.  

And yes, the video of the moon is perfect too. Ah, the things we do for art!

Mushroom ravioli appetizer
Braised pork + vegetable rice souffle
Fried banana, chocolate sauce, raspberry coulis, ice cream


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your thoughts about water.