Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Walk from Village to Town

My walk from the village of Nyuh Kuning (New KOO-ning = Yellow Coconut) to the town of Ubud (Oou-bood) for my Indonesian language class is a delight. The small road leads to the path that skirts the Monkey Forest, crosses a river, passes a huge banyan tree and suddenly I'm in town. A few highlights . . .

My hotel - 2nd floor windows + balcony
My street

Offerings
Barong  under village banyan

Daily offerings
Daily offerings



Soccer field with tourists
Village banyan tree











New restaurant
Bamboo scaffolding
Monkey Forest 2 + 4 leggeds
Monkeys eating offerings!

River under Monkey Forest banyan


Glorious banyan



Shops at the end of the path - town!
Hubud = Hub Ubud - great place to work














1 comment:

  1. Beautiful images and your love for Bali is palpable. Thank you for sending messages of hope from the land of color and warmth.

    ReplyDelete

Let us know your thoughts about water.